Translate

Saturday 27 April 2013

Fuji X-E1 with manual lense



Oh yes; I have to be honest, the dream cameras to have are the Leica M9 or the M with their great lenses; but just like a Ferrari, it is out of my reach.

The Fuji X-Pro1 with the shape of a great Leica was a step nearer to my dream. I sold some older cameras and lenses that I din't use that much and picked up a Pro1 with the great 35 1.4 lens.



With the X-Pro1 and the 35 1.4  I take some nice pictures; however, I was disappointed with the slow focus despite the high price and returned it. Update; I would buy it again as second hand, very low price now.







                                            adapted Nikon 85mm f/1.4

For a 4 month macro photography exposition I used at side a Nikon camera; the Fuji X10. Printed the photos in A3 format, the X10 performed very well.
What I liked more in the X10 was not only the versatility, the sexy look, the very nice jpg picture that it produced, also the great Macro possibility.

www.limage.pt Macro Expo Photographie

I heard about the X-E1, and because I was still disappointed with the X-Pro1, I nearly lost interest with the newer cameras on the Fuji X system.
The reviews and a lot people in the Forums described the camera as a better option than the X-Pro1, so I decided to give it a try. I bought X-E1 second hand without any lens, to use at the beginning  with an adapted Nikon Ais lense, because I felt it would be easier to resell should it not perform as expected.
The combination of the X-E1 with the adpted lense was amazing; surprisingly easy to use and also gave me back the different view of how to take photographs.

I soon realized I would  feel better with the Fuji Handgrip to give better stabilisation, so i have this mount all the time.

                        























adapted lens Nikon 35mm f/2.0

      
                            























adapted lens Nikon 55mm micro f/2.8


                          




































adapted Tamron 12-24mm f/4


I use also the 14mm f/2.8 lens (give 21mm on FF), because it's a great Fuji lens and very nice for manual focusing too.












































After various pictures (incl. with the 18-55)  I found my objective set;
for me it is the Fuji 14 2.8, the Nikon Ais 35 2.0 and the Nikon 50 1.8 pancake. As a reserve I have the 35 1.4 from Fuji too, but find I don't use it that much.

As a zoom I use at the moment the 70-210 f/4 with a tripod or monopod.







































Are the Fuji X-E1 and Pro1 perfect cameras? NO! Absolutely not.
Looking to the new X100s and the X20 you realise what improvements should be made and  that the Fuji X-E1 and the X-Pro1  are only the beginning of the great Fuji line of interchangeable lens cameras.

The future for the Fuji X lines will be interesting.

The D700 continues to be a interesting camera wich I use for outher kind of Photographie.



























I don't make any scientific tests, only look to take nice pictures and have fun.

Fuji X10/X20 backup lightway fun camera 


Settings Tips for X-Pro1 / X-E1

No comments:

Post a Comment